Nobell Foods is creating cheese and other dairy products from plant-derived dairy proteins for the 99% of people who are unwilling to compromise on taste and price. Nobell is made up of a team of passionate scientists, explorers, and storytellers on a mission to radically change the way we make food, so it’s better for you, the animals, and the planet. We are backed by Bill Gates’ client fund Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, and Robert Downey Jr. If you believe in our mission and are excited about our work, we would love to hear from you!
Your Role :
We are looking for an innovative engineer to lead the research, design, installation, implementation, and optimization of our plant protein ingredients. Your main focus will be laying the groundwork and directing a team to execute the scale-up of our protein purification/isolation process from research to pilot scale.
- Lead and grow our process engineering team in purifying plant grown proteins
- Lead the innovation on protein purification scale up processes
- With our protein purification team to guide experimental objectives and translate RD efforts into a commercial process.
- With the product development team to understand product requirements.
- Provide insights into cost effective processes and scalable infrastructure.
- Capture key processing data and keep building on current data infrastructure to enable all stakeholders to access and share data.
- Develop specifications, budgets, and timelines for capital projects.
- Build positive relationships with equipment manufacturers, contractors and pilot facilities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology, or a closely related engineering discipline
- Experience leading a team of 5+ people
- Minimum 15 years of relevant protein purification industry experience with direct experience scaling benchtop processes
- Knowledgeable in protein separation technologies
- Experience with processing soybeans or other plant species is a plus
- Ability to connect dots and execute complex projects in a timely matter
- Proficient at risk management and building contingency plans
- Ability to present clear, concise data analyses to a multidisciplinary audience
- Excellent communication skills, ability to resolve personnel or business conflicts in an effective and timely manner
- Passionate about our mission of creating animal-free foods for the 99% of people who are unwilling to compromise on taste and price
- Willing to travel within the US 20% of the year
The pay range is currently between $184,000 to $239,000 in annual gross compensation for a Director level role and between $193,00 to $251,00 in annual gross compensation for a Sr. Director role. Within the range, individual pay is determined by many factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Nobell Foods offers competitive compensation, generous healthcare, dental and vision plans, 401(k) and commuter benefits.