Founded in 2013 and based in California, Forager Project crafts dairy-free organic foods that taste exceptional and are kind to the planet. The company uses its own innovative production, sourcing, and recipe development to create its plant-based yogurts, nut milks, sour cream, kefirs, and shakes. Honoring and respecting nature, Forager Project products are minimally processed with clean, simple foods sourced from Nature. Forager Project’s key ingredient, the cashew, is organic, ethically sourced, and sustainably farmed on small farming cooperatives. Guiding pillars are: Honoring Nature, Organic Forever, Always Plant-Based, Taste Amazing, and Innovative Spirit.
We are looking for a resourceful marketing professional with digital and start-up experience to own pivotal marketing areas from strategy to execution - including customer marketing, website/SEO, email, and analytics. The Associate Brand Manager will develop and execute marketing programs in partnership with external agencies with the objective of driving awareness and trial, converting purchases, and building loyalty among existing Forager Project consumers. The Associate Brand Manager will report to the Chief Marketing Officer, based in San Francisco.
· Support planning, executing, and tracking performance for customer marketing programs with key strategic retailers to include tactics such as digital promotions and events, display ads, paid search campaigns, and direct mail.
· Own and manage the website consumer experience, including keeping website up to date, improving navigation and user experience, and ensuring all aspects of the website support brand visuals and voice consistently. Own SEO optimization strategies to drive improved website traffic and performance. Closely track website analytics to further inform and prioritize ongoing website improvements.
· Oversee all aspects of email marketing strategy & execution: planning, developing, executing, and analyzing emails. Also responsible for growing email list of subscribers.
· Support integrated marketing campaign planning and execution, track marketing KPIs and create monthly summary to drive process improvements.
· Manage partner agencies and freelancers to help execute marketing programs and activations.
· Other job responsibilities, as assigned.
· The ideal candidate is passionate about joining a mission-driven food company and has a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in CPG marketing, preferably at an early-stage startup.
· Experience working in both large (classic training) and smaller (fast paced, entrepreneurial) CPG companies.
· Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to extract stories from data and make data-driven decisions.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills - from writing creative briefs to presenting findings to persuading others with facts and insights
· Must be a fast learner, proactive, and eager to take ownership to complete tasks both big and small.
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
· Excellent time management and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and adjust quickly to a fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated ability to generate and execute creative marketing ideas across various media, including written (email, articles, ad copy and collateral) and digital (website, email, etc)
· Innovative, strategic, and creative thinker balanced with pragmatic hands-on tactical action.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and work cross-functionally with other teammates, as well as manage partner agencies and freelancers.
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
· Prior experience with Google Analytics, MailChimp, and Wordpress preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field.
· Must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.