is on a mission to accelerate the transition to sustainable agriculture. We believe that we have the only solution to make cultured meat at a price that is competitive with factory farming. We are looking for mission-driven, skilled, and kind people to help create the alternative we need to transition to a more sustainable and healthy future.
We value diverse people, perspectives, and knowledge. To this end, we aim to foster a sense of belonging that enables everyone to bring their whole, authentic self to work everyday. We are committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team that encompasses all types of people. We believe this can only be achieved by acknowledging the ancestral, historic, and current systemic and communal inequities.
We are looking for an experienced Production Team Lead who will be a key member of our Bioprocess Engineering team working to scale-up our cultured meat production processes and improve our cell manufacturing processes. The person in this position will be responsible for production of cell samples for our cultured meat products. The production lead will be responsible for management of the production team, scheduling and assigning production activities, providing input to process improvement, and establishing and ensuring quality standards are met.
There will be ample opportunity for growth within our expanding bioprocess engineering team.
We are looking for a Team Lead
- Has education in bioengineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, cell biology, molecular biology, or related engineering/life sciences field.
- Has excellent knowledge of good laboratory practices and experience managing a safe and efficient working environment.
- Is proactive and assertive in communication of data, decisions, risks and opportunities.
- Actively acquires and interprets data to inform decision making and create insight into process improvement opportunities.
- Has hands-on experience with aseptic technique (mammalian cell culture a plus), bioreactor setup, operation and troubleshooting.
- Can independently and comfortably manage a team of (S)RAs and Engineers.
- Has strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills - intrinsically motivated to manage complexity, create and maintain structure and balance team and organizational needs.
- Is comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Is willing & able to work on a flexible schedule to support research needs.
- Experience in establishing, maintaining and improving documentation systems ( Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Batch Production Records (BPRs), training, etc.)
If you are excited by this role and think it is aligned with your talents then you should apply regardless of whether you feel you fit all of the above criteria.
Starting within the next 2 months.
The San Francisco Bay Area (Emeryville)
Competitive salary (bi-weekly payments), stock options (subject to vesting), performance-based bonus, and free lunch every day!
Outstanding Health, Vision & Dental Insurance (including full spouse coverage), coverage of visa and relocation costs, at least one all-expense-paid team holiday per year, fully flexible work hours and unlimited vacation days.
In lieu of the traditional application process of a CV and cover letter, we would rather give you an opportunity to tell us about yourself on your own terms by answering the below three questions. How you answer these is up to you: in words (narrative or otherwise), video, or visually. However, we do ask that it is concise (e.g less than 200 words for written answers). If applying by video or visually please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.