We're looking for an agile and enthusiastic Brand and Social Media Fellow to lead our social media efforts!
Who we are:
Alt Protein Careers is on a mission to bring the best talent to the alt protein industry.
We believe that more talent, especially those with extremely applicable food science and biotech backgrounds, can help create better-quality alternative protein products that can replace animal-derived meat and dairy. There are a lot of areas in the alt protein industry that need the best talent in order to succeed: we need to create tastier alternative protein options for a lower cost, we need to bring products to market faster and effectively, and implement excellent marketing strategies when doing so. Ultimately, we want to support the alt protein industry so that we can end factory farming, faster.
To do this, we provide career resources, job postings, and recruiting services to job seekers and employers in the alt protein industry. Alt Protein Careers has the largest alt protein job board in the U.S. and Canada, and has partnerships with the GFI's The Alt Protein Project and Plant Futures. We also have close relationships with the Israeli food tech ecosystem through our sister company, www.israelifoodtech.com. Read more about Alt Protein Careers at https://altproteincareers.com/about.
Our social media currently includes thought leadership and reposts on Linkedin, however we are ready to move to the next phase in our journey and create robust profiles on other platforms which we will leverage to target professionals that may be interested in switching to the alt protein industry. And that's where you come in!
What you'll do:
- Work with us to outline our social media strategy
- Create a social media plan, including goals, strategy, and an outline of content for posts
- Execute on the plan with our input and support, including gaining followers on social media through posts, comments, and likes
- Post resources and content that support professionals in the biotech, biopharma, and big food corps that might be interested in switching into alt protein (don't worry--we'll help you with this part!)
- Track success of social media engagement
- Social media platforms will be determined based on the social media strategy & plan, but may include instagram, tiktok, facebook, and linkedin (each platform for a different audience, for example, tiktok is more suitable for students and recent grads, while facebook and linkedin may be more fitting for professionals later in their careers)
- Passionate about the mission (planet, animals, health, or other) and want to help bring more people to work in the industry
- Have some experience with various social media platforms (can be from personal use)
- Enjoy using social media and excited to create content
- Strategic thinker: will think strategically about what the overall goals and social media plan should be
- Experience using basic editing tools such as Canva - preferred
What you'll gain:
This is an unpaid position. We ask that fellows join for a minimum of 4 months. We are a highly values-driven organization, and our people are important to us. In return for your contribution to the alt protein industry, we will provide you with:
- Marketing & social media experience at a reputable firm within the alternative protein space
- Mentorship and guidance, including working with you to set learning goals
- Access to a lot of job openings and resources
- Access to our extensive network through your work as a Brand & Social Media fellow
- Attend one or more industry-related conferences
Location: This is a remote position (U.S. or Canada only.)
Hours & flexibility: This is a part-time role (roughly 10-20 hours per week, negotiable). Aside from specific conferences and time-sensitive events, your hours and schedule are flexible.