As part of a small team of food innovators and trend setters, the successful candidate will be on the cutting edge of food science and technology. Keeping up on the latest research and trends he/she will create incredible plant-based products that will show consumers what plants can do!
- Work independently with minimal supervision from senior scientists on various tasks from rapid prototyping to formula optimization, cost savings, product improvements and applications testing and scale-up
- Ability to integrate formulation knowledge and process experience into new product developments
- Assists with conducting internal sensory evaluations, product applications and stress testing to determine acceptability of prototypes and competitive products for customers and consumers
- Ability to learn, create, and maintain formulations, specifications, processes, and testing procedures
- Assist with line trials within the manufacturing facilities, collect data and assess process and quality parameters to ensure finished product meets targets and/or specifications
- Actively participates in helping to resolve roadblocks in product development and assist with new product launches
- Stays current and learns new food ingredients, products, and processing technologies
- Execute simpler projects without supervision and medium complexity projects with some supervision
- Early career position requiring Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Biochemistry or Chemical Engineering with emphasis on food science/technology with 1 to 2 years of experience or Master’s degree in Food/Dairy Sciences with some exposure to research and development.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of ingredients, product development and processing of food products.
- Passion for the creation of new and exciting products and document learnings
- Self-starter that is naturally curious who enjoys working in a fast-paced innovation centric environment.
- Basic understanding of FDA labeling and ability to recognize compliance issues with product developers quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to independently organize and manage work assignments and priorities
- Computer literacy is required with proficiency in Microsoft Office
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.