Kellogg is progressing toward unleashing our full potential by separating its business into two standalone companies, which will be named “Kellanova” and “WK Kellogg Co.” This transformation will be complete by the end of 2023. This 2024 internship will support Kellanova, a leading company in global snacking, international cereal and noodles, plant-based foods, and North America frozen breakfast. Learn more about our bold next steps at UnleashingOurPotential.com.
As an intern on our Research & Development Team, you’ll be given hands-on experience to help you obtain the skills needed as you prepare for your future as a Food Designer. You’ll be working across different functions to grow your Research & Development skillset. We want to see your passion for excellence and an owner’s mindset that you’ll help challenge current processes and drive business value.
With multiple teams to collaborate with and learn about, your opportunity for growth is endless. This internship will be based out of our office in Battle Creek, Michigan.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
As part of the Kellanova Internship program, you will participate in our corporate onboarding orientation and have the chance to visit our World Headquarters in Chicago, IL or our office in Battle Creek, MI during the Intern Finale meeting. These events consist of executive exposure, former intern & executive panels, networking events, community activities and much more.
This paid internship requires a 3-month, full-time commitment starting May 2024. Relocation advising and sign-on bonus provided – and did we mention we have plenty of snacks? Travel may be required but will depend on geography and placement. The internship concludes with a final presentation to functional leaders.
HERE'S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Food Designer – Interested in what’s trending in food today? Join us and you’ll be part of our teams working on our next delicious ideas (Pringles, anyone?) While working on our iconic brands you’ll innovate in design, renovation and evaluation of food and process R&D.
- Taste & Repeat – Interested in setting and following a plan from creation to completion? You’ll coordinate and lead taste test trials, perform and document food tests, and much more as an important contributor to our Kellanova team.
- Your Seat at the Table – Our interns are the future of our organization and this is your opportunity to have your voice heard. You will be contributing meaningful work to the Kellanova business by leading your own projects and reporting out on key business solutions to executive leadership. And this is only the beginning!
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Student pursuing Ph.D., M.S. or B.S. degree and studying a scientific discipline linked to a Food Science Program (including but not limited to Food Chemistry, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Ag Engineering, etc.)
- Minimum of 3.2 GPA (cumulative)
- Anticipated graduation date Fall 2024 or Spring 2025.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Leadership roles in school/volunteer clubs/organizations
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
After you apply, your application will be reviewed by the University Relations team – not a bot. This means it could take us a little while to get back with you so watch your inbox for updates. In the meantime, visit our How We Hire page to get insights into our hiring process and how to best prepare for a Kellogg interview.
If we can help you with a reasonable accommodation throughout the application or hiring process, please emailUSA.Recruitment@kellogg.com.
This role takes part in Locate for Your Day, Kellogg’s hybrid way of working that empowers office-based employees to, in partnership with their managers, find a balance between working from home and the office.
ABOUT KELLOGG COMPANY
Kellogg Company is a multibillion-dollar company with over 30 thousand employees all over the globe. We are proud to make delicious foods that people love – foods that you grew up with like Frosted Flakes, Cheez It, Eggo, Pop-Tarts, Crunchy Nut, Pringles, as well as innovative foods such as MorningStar Farms, RX bar, and Noodles. Our KValues and BetterDays commitments are at the core of who we are, what we believe and what brings us together. We’re proud to say we’ve been awarded with Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies”, DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity”, Newsweek’s “Most Loved Workplaces”, and many more awards that you can check out here.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion has been part of our DNA since the beginning. Clearly stated in our Code of Ethics “we have respect for individuals of all backgrounds, capability and opinions.” We believe that equity is more than leveling the playing field. It is making sure barriers, both tangible and intangible, are removed. Interested in the numbers? We hold ourselves accountable with our yearly Features report.
THE FINER PRINT
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to provide an inclusive work environment, a seat for everyone at the table, and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding our efforts to advance Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, please visit our website here.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this link.
Let’s Create the Future of Food.