ABOUT THE JOB
At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people’s lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic. And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet. Our Summer Internship Experience is a 12-14 week program that allows students to dive into a project relevant to their studies to further grow and develop their learnings. During your internship, you will participate in trainings, development sessions, and a final project presentation!
Danone North America is looking for a Quality Intern in Minster, Ohio, for Summer 2024.
The primary responsibility of the Quality Intern is to support the Quality department at the Minster, OH facility. The Quality Intern will help advance quality and food safety at Minster by creating a knowledge database, researching novel technology to eliminate unwanted microorganisms in the production environment, and assist with identification and implementation of quality improvement opportunities. A key component to this role is to understand the production operation and work cross-functionally to identify opportunities to be more efficient. The Quality Intern reports to the Minster production Quality Manager.
- Pursuing Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Food Science, Food Microbiology, Food Chemistry or similar degree with interest in the Food and Consumer Packaged Goods industry
- You will currently be enrolled in an undergraduate program with a graduation date after August 2024
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Exceptional written communication skills including ability to write reports
- Ability to communicate verbally one on one and in front of teams
- Able to work independently as well as in a team in order to achieve results effectively
- The ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with all levels of plant personnel and be comfortable working with minimal supervision. Under minimal direction, works independently toward department objectives.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter
- Energy, resilience, determination, enthusiasm, and strong analytical skills to challenge the status quo.
- The willingness to work flexible schedules as needed to support 7-day per week, 24-hour per day production facility. Work schedules could include occasional off-shift or weekend work.
At Danone North America, you’ll work with some of the best-known food and beverage brands in the world like Activia, Silk, Horizon Organic, Two Good, Oikos, evian, and Happy Family. You’ll be part of the largest Certified B Corp™ in the world, working together to make sure our brands create real benefits for people, communities, and the planet. We have 6,000+ employees across the U.S. and Canada. Come join our movement for a healthier world: One Planet. One Health BY YOU.
Danone North America doesn’t just welcome what makes you unique, we value it. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All hires to our team are based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We recruit, employ, train and promote regardless of race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other protected status. Faithful to our values of openness and humanism, all of our employees share in the commitment to engage one another with dignity and respect.