Residing at the Hershey Company's Technical Center, this position involves a unique opportunity to work within the Research & Development team. This team is responsible for evaluating new technologies and ingredients for improving current processes and products and providing new product opportunities through (1) researching new discoveries, (2) taking product concept to prototype, and (3) scaling up through to commercialization. The Intern will work independently, and as a part of various teams, toward goals on project assignments. The individual should be able to interact with many different types of individuals including various scientists, product developers, marketing, consumer research and management.
This successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in either product development, technical front end innovation, process excellence, or sensory sciences. This role will require individuals to demonstrate leadership, solve technical problems, data analysis and present results.
Project responsibilities include carrying out experimental designs, performing experiments, and reporting results. Daily work responsibilities will include use of benchtop development, prototype evaluation, analyzing experimental data and executing experiments on pilot scale equipment.
- Majors: Food Science, Food Processing Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, Ag and Biological Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
- Must be a Bachelors (a junior or senior)
- Minimum GPA: 3.0
- Prior internships with related experience are highly valued
Minimum Knowledge/ skills/ abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities
- Strong interest in hands-on work and applying technical rigor and scientific principles and practices
- Highly motivated
- Comfortable with laboratory and pilot plant equipment
- Proficient in written and communication skills
- Computer literate (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated problem solving and evaluation capabilities
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Able to work independently, and as part of a team environment. Must be open and comfortable with change.
- Reliable transportation
Please be advised that The Hershey Company welcomes all applicants to internships. However, Hershey will not provide immigration-related support for these internships.
Hershey also will not provide immigration-related sponsorship (such as H-1B) for entry-level roles should you later apply for one of those roles in the future.