PepsiCo is a playground for curious people. We invite thinkers, doers, and changemakers to champion innovation, take calculated risks, and challenge the status quo. From executives to leaders on the frontline, we’re excited about the future. We take chances. Together, we dare to make the world a better place.
Our associates are the magic ingredient. Each of them plays an integral role in helping create deep connections between people and our products. Think about your last group celebration: Chances are, one of our iconic brands was by your side. At PepsiCo, you’re invited to be a part of a global team of innovators who make, move, and sell these products—which are enjoyed by more than 1 billion people a day.
A career at PepsiCo means working in a culture where everyone’s invited. Here, you can dare to be yourself. No matter who you are or where you’re from, you can influence the people around you and the world at large. By showing up, you’ll have the opportunity to learn, develop, and grow our unique skill sets at work. Our supportive teams can fuel your professional goals to make a global impact.
Join us. Dare for Better.
At PepsiCo we place R&D Full- Time hires primarily in the two headquarter locations: Plano, TX; Purchase/Valhalla, NY. In some cases, Full-Time hires will be placed in satellite locations. Location preferences will be discussed in the interview process.
As a R&D Scientist with PepsiCo, you will have unique opportunities to increase technical knowledge by participating in the development of a diverse portfolio of beverage and snack product categories. The teams translate strategic market objectives into new products and processes, optimize designs per consumer response and select winning ideas for commercialization. Scientists participate in leading the product development process including new idea generation, prototype development, product optimization and production start-up.
What you can expect:
- Develop product formulations that leverage expertise in food chemistry and food ingredient functionality
- Design and execute experiments, and analyze and interpret data to make sound technical recommendations on product and process
- Provide technical risk assessment/perspectives related to new product development
- Translate product attributes into formal specifications for manufacture
- Investigate and apply new technology to provide a competitive advantage
- Partner externally to source ingredients and leverage vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
- Lead development for quality/product improvement and productivity initiatives
- Participate as an active member of cross-functional business development teams comprised of individuals from a variety of disciplines, including Marketing, Finance, Purchasing, Engineering and many others
What we’re looking for:
· Currently pursuing a Food Science or related Degree (Master preferred)
Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives
· Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources
· Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions
· Ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments
· Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
· Familiarity with data science preferred
· Strong communication skills (oral and written)
· Willingness to travel
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
· Be completing their final year of graduate (Master’s Level) studies
· Hold a Master’s degree prior to the intended full time start date
· This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
- The expected compensation range for this role based on a full-time schedule is $74,500 – $107,000.
- Role, degree discipline, degree level, and location are part of the process when determining actual starting salary for positions
- Compensation for our campus hires is pre-determined and non-negotiable
- In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan. Paid time off is subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement