PepsiCo is a playground for curious people. We invite thinkers, doers, and changemakers to champion innovation, take calculated risks, and challenge the status quo. From executives to leaders on the frontline, we’re excited about the future. We take chances. Together, we dare to make the world a better place.
Our associates are the magic ingredient. Each of them plays an integral role in helping create deep connections between people and our products. Think about your last group celebration: Chances are, one of our iconic brands was by your side. At PepsiCo, you’re invited to be a part of a global team of innovators who make, move, and sell these products—which are enjoyed by more than 1 billion people a day.
A career at PepsiCo means working in a culture where everyone’s invited. Here, you can dare to be yourself. No matter who you are or where you’re from, you can influence the people around you and the world at large. By showing up, you’ll have the opportunity to learn, develop, and grow our unique skill sets at work. Our supportive teams can fuel your professional goals to make a global impact.
Join us. Dare for Better.
At PepsiCo we place R&D Full- Time hires primarily in the two headquarters locations: Plano, TX; Purchase/Valhalla, NY (New York). In some cases, Full-Time hires will be placed in satellite locations. Location preferences will be discussed in the interview process.
As a R&D Engineer (product or process engineer), you will collaborate with cross functional teams comprising technical experts within the R&D function, as well as business unit leaders to design, execute, and launch new innovative products across PepsiCo’s portfolio. You will play a critical role in the innovation lifecycle by providing your insight and technical expertise from ideation through product launch.
As an R&D Food Scientist, you will participate in the product development process including new idea generation, prototype development, and product optimization and production start-up across a diverse portfolio of beverage and snack product categories.
As a R&D Global Functions Specialist, you will participate in providing the framework surrounding these four pillars: Compliance, R&D Data and Systems, and Technology Ventures and Global PMO. Within those pillars you could work within the following teams: Quality, Sensory, Food Safety, Data Intelligence and Management Analytics, External Innovation, Scientific Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Product Crisis & Incident Management, Supplier Quality Assurance, Nutrition Science, or Microbiology.
What we are looking for:
- Currently pursuing an Engineering, Food Science, Agriculture, or related degree
- Must graduate with bachelor's or master's degree within one (1) year of internship completion
- Eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources
- Demonstrated understanding of how to incorporate business needs into technical decisions
- Ability and interest to work in laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing scale environments
- Familiarity with data science preferred
- Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
- Effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel
- Actual working location will be determined at point of offer: Barrington, Plano, Valhalla
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Bachelor’s or master/PhD level degree: Candidates should be completing at least their first year of studies
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
- The expected compensation hourly pay ranges for hires into our 2024 campus intern openings is $20.50 - $39.60/hour.
- Role, degree discipline, degree level, and location are part of the process when determining actual starting salary for positions
- Hourly pay for our campus hires is pre-determined and non-negotiable
- We love to convert our interns to full time opportunities! Our full time positions have a comprehensive benefits package that include:
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement. In addition to salary, PepsiCo offers a comprehensive benefits package to support our employees and their families, subject to elections and eligibility: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement