BS Analytical Chemist |
Augusta, Georgia, United States, Full-Time
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies to engineer microbes for the production of specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a highly motivated Analytical Chemist with experience with various analytical methodology. This hands-on position requires a high degree of flexibility, creativity, and initiative applied to the various duties and aspects of the position. This person will be expected to play an integral part of Manus Bio’s process development and manufacturing team located in Augusta, GA.Responsibilities
- Performs sample preparation, sample extraction and routine analyses.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- Generate SOP's, reports and other regulated documentation.
- Assist in verification of analytical methods, primarily HPLC/GC, in a Food GMP regulated environment.
- Ensure that our state-of-the-art analytical facilities and equipment (GC-FID, HPLC-DAD-RID, UPLC-DAD-QQQ, etc.) are well-maintained and functioning efficiently.
- Maintains a safe chemical laboratory environment.
- BS with 2-4 years in an analytical laboratory/QC laboratory or equivalent
Preferred Working Style
- Experience in Chemical or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry
- Experience in a large-scale industrial operation is a plus.
- Experience in GLP and GMP environment is a plus.
- Experience with other instrumentation (UV, fluorescence, FTIR, NMR, etc.) or wet chemistry techniques is a plus.
- Must be able to handle multiple requests with shifting priorities
- Must be very well-organized and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a quick learner who is self-motivated and able to ask questions and seek clarity.
- Must be flexible with day-to-day duties and able to thrive in a start-up environment.
- Must be an excellent team member with strong communication skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
- Must hold him or herself to the highest professional, scientific and ethical standards.
- Must be willing to learn and adapt to new methods of workflow management.
Regular, Full-TimeEmployee Status: