Plant-based foods have the power to change lives — hrcultures too. Challenging the norm is our vibe, and it is the start of a larger movement. Kite Hill's chef-founders and employee-artisans are this movement. We craft 100% plant-based foods that deliver an eating experience that is as close to dairy as it gets. Our innovative range of foods enables the team at Kite Hill to surprise and delight our consumers each and every day. We believe that by choosing to eat plant-based foods instead of dairy, we are making a positive choice for our bodies and the world around us. This game-changing food isn’t just better for you, it’s better for animals and the planet, too. Our commitment to innovation knows no bounds. With a portfolio that includes yogurt, cream cheese, dips, butter, sour cream, cheese, and filled pasta we are elevating expectations of what plant-based food can be. Every day we are coming up with new ideas and pushing dairy-free food to taste better than ever before. Because at Kite Hill we do not play the game, we change it.
Our Core Values:
- We make Great Tasting Plant Based Foods
- Imagination Drives Innovation
- Do Good
- Do the Right Thing Even When No One is Watching
- We are Better Together
- We are Passionate and Enjoy the Journey
- Everyone is Included
Diversity and Inclusion at Kite Hill:
Kite Hill is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. We passionately value diversity and inclusion on all levels and believe that everyone should bring their authentic self to work every day. We believe that the power of differences, active debate, listening, and a willingness to learn make us a more effective organization.
Kite Hill is seeking a Payroll and Accounting Specialist to manage the payroll and associated accounting functions for a diverse workforce located in Hayward, CA, and Portland, OR as well as work-from-home employees.
- · Enter, maintain, and process information in the payroll system; information may include employee’s hourly payrates, salaries, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholdings, address changes and other information.
- · Process weekly payroll runs using a software platform Resourcing Edge for salaried and hourly employees (union and non-union).
- · Create payroll reports for documentation and payroll approval, as well as quarterly reports used in audits.
- · Issue or reissue physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or terminations.
- · Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information and collaborating with HR and/or Financial Planning and Analysis Department.
- · Prepare journal entries for payroll and PTO accrual.
- · Review PTO balance and liability.
- · Process Union Medical, Pension and Dues payments monthly.
- · Act as the company liaison to employees with questions about pay and PTO.
- · Assist with monthly, quarterly, and year-end calculations of bonuses and other salary-based compensation.
- · Assist Controller and HR Director with audits and other employee financial documentation requests.
- · Assist with collection and management of expense report accounts and employee reimbursements.
- · Assist with HR recordkeeping – uploading scanned documents, entering increases, and creating increase personnel documentation.
- · Assist with accounting, logistics and customer service in processing invoices as needed.
- · Operates and thrives in a fast-paced and complex environment.
- · Adjusts easily to competing demands, rapid changes and shifting priorities.
- · Has excellent communication skills.
- · Operates from a place of high integrity.
- · Has excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- · Has a familiarity with the role that payroll plays in a company and the expectations of that role (confidentiality, care, and concern)
- · Minimum of 2 years of college courses with an emphasis in business administration
- Certified Payroll manager certificate a plus
- · 2-3 years’ experience with payroll and HRIS data entry and processing -
- · Background check, drug screen