Who doesn’t love meat? Summer BBQs and friends around the campfire enjoying a succulent, delicious burger, packed with protein. Yep, meat rocks. The only problem is meat comes with baggage—greenhouse gasses, environmental degradation, nutritional concerns, and the welfare of animals. But what if the meat we love could be a force for good, helping to reverse these challenges?
Omeat's mission is to pioneer game-changing solutions to the health, environmental, and animal-welfare challenges posed by animal agriculture. We’re developing a scalable approach to producing cultured meat – meat grown from cells, outside the animal -- that's every bit as delicious and nourishing as conventional meat.
We are led by Ali Khademhosseini, one of the top tissue engineers in the world, previously at Harvard and MIT for 16 years. We’re looking for team members who want to change history. Fellow visionaries ready to sink their teeth into one of the greatest challenges humanity faces, creating a new future -- a future full of hope with clear-running streams, teeming oceans, thriving wildlife, and healthy communities. Are you in?
The Senior Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring that large-scale bioreactors and their ancillary processes and systems remain fit for purpose to achieve quality and process technical endpoints.
- Performs preventive/corrective maintenance, calibration, and upkeep of manufacturing and production equipment.
- Prepares maintenance and calibration reports and documents completed work in accordance with cGMP requirements.
- Develops and implements preventive maintenance and predictive maintenance programs.
- Analyzes equipment performance and proposes strategies to improve the reliability of systems.
- Support engineering projects including but not limited to equipment installation, commissioning, and validation process.
- Verify mechanical and electrical drawings for accuracy.
- Perform Standard Operational Procedures (SOP) job plans and draw redlines as necessary.
- Maintains accurate records of parts, materials, and consumables used during the performance of work.
- Assists with the proposal and recommendation for the purchase of equipment and services.
- Assist in equipment failure root cause analysis with a prompt resolution.
- Uses key and critical process parameters and their associated critical quality attributes to assist in the resolution of equipment performance issues.
- Oversees and leads small maintenance projects.
- Assist in overseeing contractor activities, as required.
- High School Diploma with 8 years of Process GMP Mechanical experience in a Pharma-Biotech manufacturing environment or school certification with 4 years of Process GMP Mechanical experience in a Pharma-Biotech manufacturing environment
- Must have experience working with large-scale bioreactors and ancillary systems.
- Understanding and experience in aseptic techniques to enable the application of good aseptic practices.
- Cell Culture Bioreactors
- CIP & SIP Systems
- Mixing Vessels, transfer lines, pumps, and sanitary valves.
- Process automation and control systems.
- Filtration systems.
- Working knowledge of cGMPs, OSHA compliance, HVAC systems and cleanrooms, automated pharmaceutical processing, and plant equipment.
- Follow and comply with EPA, OSHA, and NFPA regulations and with SOPs and cGMP policies.
- Excellent Instrumentation and mechanical skills and knowledge of maintenance principles.
- Hands-on execution of maintenance of process equipment, utility equipment, and facilities
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times, with no restrictions.
- Reports to Senior Engineering Manager
- Based in Thousand Oaks
- Minimal travel anticipated
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision coverage)
- Flexible vacation time
- 401(k) matching
- 16 weeks of 100% Paid Parental Leave