Ingredion is hiring a Summer Intern within Analytical Characterization & Texture Science (ACTS) to support multiple New Product Development and Applied Research Projects related to plant-based protein ingredients. The ACTS team is focused on the development and utilization of analytical methods to support new product development, technical service, marketing, and manufacturing. The Summer Intern will be responsible for the design and execution of experiments using a variety of instrumental analysis techniques, data analysis, and reporting in support of Global Research and Development projects.
- Conduct experiments to characterize plant-based protein ingredient structure and functionality.
- Method development to support plant-based protein ingredient characterization.
- Interpret data to understand relationships between structure, function, and application performance in food & beverage.
- Analyze results, document analytical findings, and accurately communicate results to technical team and management in both oral and written form.
- Maintain and record laboratory activities.
- Carry out assignments and review data for accuracy and trends, and communicate any concerns.
- Actively seek guidance and feedback from supervisors and team members
- Operate according to standard safety procedures and policies
- Work collaboratively with team members and across functions
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment; following guidelines for good housekeeping and safety
- Present project status, updates, and outcomes to team and key partners
- Effectively communicate with colleagues, project teams, including cross-functional team members, and key partners
The internship position is well-suited for you if you:
- Have an enthusiasm for working in a laboratory environment
- Work well in a team environment
- Think outside of the box and are open to offer new ideas
- Demonstrate a high degree of energy, personal dedication, and ownership
- Have a strong interest to learn a variety of analytical technologies
- Possess a strong attention to detail and high quality of work
Qualified candidates will have:
- Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related field
- Experience in a laboratory environment strongly preferred
- Good mathematical skills
- Computer skills with proficiency using MS Word and Excel and the ability to construct moderately complex graphs and charts
- Ability to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams, both oral and written
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle large amounts of data
- Knowledge of protein chemistry and/or food science is highly preferred
To be eligible for consideration, candidates must:
- Currently possess unrestricted authorization to work in the United States. Ingredion does not intend to sponsor work visas with respect to this position or to provide this position as OPT or CPT.
- Be a currently enrolled student in a Bachelor’s degree program. If currently enrolled in an undergrad status, must have completed at least two years of coursework with status as a sophomore, junior or non-graduating senior.
- If you have completed your degree, please consider other opportunities with Ingredion, posted at ww.ingredion.com/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ingredion provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, we will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, military status, or disability status.
Yes, Within Country