Forager Project is a family-owned and operated organic plant-based creamery, and we've been crafting our plant-based foods in California since 2013. Our mission is to create a more sustainable food system from and for our most precious resource, our planet. Our family of foods include traditionally cultured plant-based yogurts, nut milks, kefirs, and probiotic smoothies. Thoughtfully crafted from simple ingredients, we aim to keep our food minimally processed and borne from the earth. We are always organic and plant-based because food choices matter.
Come Forage with Us.
Summary of Position:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged Procurement Associate to work closely with the Director of Procurement to drive best in class procurement practices, “ensure supply” through existing and new material sources and to unlock innovation by working closely with R&D/Product Development and Marketing to ensure Forager products taste and look amazing. An effective Procurement Associate will be comfortable managing multiple tasks at once, always looking for continuous improvements in process, searching for goods and services through an active supply network and constantly sharing their learnings with the production and operations teams. They will be as comfortable building external relationships with key suppliers as they are connecting the procurement function internally across the Finance, Manufacturing, Marketing and Quality teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
· Evaluate vendors based on quality, timeliness, and price.
· Facilitate timely deliveries and fulfillment of orders.
· Promptly address problems when they arise.
· Coordinate with peers to monitor inventory and determine supply needs.
· Direct involvement with manufacturing and material requirements to ensure consistent flow of materials to support production.
· Comfort with a high degree of interaction with manufacturing and cost accounting to understand impact of procurement on operations.
· AA degree or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 2-4 years of experience in a similar function and industry.
· Directly engaged with procurement software, ERP systems and/or spreadsheet operations.
· Strong analytical and communication skills; detail oriented.
· Have worked in a fast paced and fast-growing business environment.
· Available to travel to our manufacturing facility in Palm Springs at least bi-annually for status meetings.
Other Desirable Attributes, Skills, and Abilities:
· Ability to be flexible, a team player, self-starter, and fast learner.
· Ability to develop and cultivate strong relationships both internally with operations, warehousing, finance and externally with vendors.
· Be coachable, open to feedback and have an eye toward both strategy and execution to prepare for vertical or horizontal opportunities in the future.
· Views Procurement/Supply Chain as a partner to all other key business functions (ie. Sales, Manufacturing, Consumers, R&D).
· Proactive in outlook and action.
· Holds themselves accountable to crucial deadlines and commitments made.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills; professional demeanor.
· A passion for problem solving.
· An appreciation for Forager’s mission to help build organic, sustainable, and ethical food systems that are better for people and the planet.