Augusta, Georgia, United States, Full-Time
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies to engineer microbes for the production of specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a highly motivated Financial Controls & Compliance Auditor to assist the accounting department auditing the organizations financial and information systems, assessing compliance with applicable standards and guidelines and sufficiency of internal controls. This hands-on position requires a desire and ability to work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team, as well as the demonstration of a high degree of flexibility, creativity, and initiative applied to the various duties and aspects of the position. This person will be expected to play an integral part of Manus Bio’s team located in Augusta, GA.Why Work At Manus Bio
- Opportunity – For motivated, results-oriented team members, our growth creates opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Accountability – You are given the resources you need to succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on the cutting edge.
- Gather and monitor financial data.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual internal statements (balance sheets and income statements)
- Assist with forecasting cash, costs and revenues.
- Monitor and report on accounting discrepancies.
- Analyze financial trends.
- Draft annual financial statements and notes
- Review and approve balance sheet reconciliations for finance team.
- Process intercompany elimination entries
- Manage month end activities to ensure timely close.
- Manage lease accounting activities.
- Draft and present recommendations and improvements to accounting practices and procedures.
- Update the management team on the current company’s compliance with laws and regulations.
- Meets cost standard by monitoring expenses and implementing cost-saving actions.
- Completes internal audit work papers and memorandums by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Reviews internal controls, policies, and procedures for effectiveness.
- Conduct detailed risk analyses to assess potential gaps.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance, or related discipline.
- At least 5 years of work experience is preferred.
- Understands the path of risk assessments.
- Strong communication and multitasking skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills; both oral and written is required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Computer skills and an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs are required.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct, and change management abilities.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers, vendors, contractors and other business contacts.
- Must comply with Manus Bio’s core values for the safe and efficient operation of the business and maintain sound relationships among and with employees.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Work is performed in an office and uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh conditions—such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials, noise, and varying weather and temperatures—for short periods of time is possible. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk and hear. Ability to lift and carry 10 lbs. on a regular basis is required.