– Process EngineerLocation
- Augusta, Georgia, United States
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies to engineer microbes for the production of specialty chemicals, such as food ingredients, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a highly motivated Process Engineer to support manufacturing operations. This hands-on position requires a desire and ability to work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team, as well as the demonstration of a high degree of flexibility, creativity, and initiative applied to the various duties and aspects of the position. This person will be expected to play an integral part of Manus Bio’s operations team located in Augusta, GA.Responsibilities
- Provides day-to-day process monitoring, including troubleshooting of process, yield, quality and equipment reliability issues.
- Develops and maintains plant material balances, capacity evaluations, and area/plant yields. Reports on critical items through KPIs.
- Scale up R&D equipment and processes to improve yields and cycle time on new processes.
- Engage with product marketing and manufacturing groups for process requirements.
- Collaborate with manufacturing to ensure equipment can be reliable and meet quality and cost targets. This activity includes design for enhancements to existing equipment manufacturability and new product equipment.
- Identifies, develops and implements process capacity and efficiency (yield) improvements, including operator tracking and downtime data and leading technical improvement teams.
- Develops and maintains area process sample schedules and provides coordination with lab.
- Performs execution and documentation of plant trials including detailed material balances and evaluation of in-process quality and batch record data.
- Monitors equipment performance and in-use time and coordinates production issues with the appropriate personnel.
- Completes investigations and Corrective Action Reports for technical processing issues.
- Initiates/supports area capital projects, including scope development, cost justification, control logic and start-up support. Take part in project teams as Leader, technical expert or operational expert.
- Perform as equipment and/or technology owner or expert to support operation and train operators.
- Provides Process Safety Management ownership responsibilities including process hazard analysis participation, supporting upkeep of drawings, procedures, and PSI files, and sponsoring management of change for equipment and process changes.
- Supports site safety and quality initiatives through participation & leadership in teams, incident/CAR analysis, and follow-up.
- Ensures smooth integration of activities and effective teamwork within Site Engineering functions (between project engineering, process engineering, and process controls engineering teams).
Preferred Working Style
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry or a related discipline
- Minimum three to eight years’ experience in a chemical or pharmaceutical plant environment.
- Knowledge of piping and valve operations to control processes.
- Familiar with and capable of generating engineering flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, and capacity analysis.
- Good understanding of analytical techniques (GC) and fermentation bioprocess is desirable.
- Experience in food or pharma industry desired
- Must be fully responsible and accountable for compliance with the provision of the safety, health, and environmental (SHE) policies.
- Must comply with Good Laboratory Practice and current Good Manufacturing Practice
- Must be very well-organized and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be a quick learner who is self-motivated and able to ask questions and seek clarity.
- Must be flexible with day-to-day duties and able to thrive in a start-up environment.
- Must be an excellent team member with strong communication skills and a desire to work collaboratively.
- Must hold him or herself to the highest professional, scientific and ethical standards.
- Must be able to function responsibly as both a team leader and as part of a team.
- Must be able to climb stair and ladders. Must be able to wear protective equipment including respirators.
- Position is not sedentary, must be able to spend time on the production floor
Regular, Full-TimeEmployee Status: