We’re currently seeking a VP, Human Resources to join our extraordinary team.
Are you passionate about developing and administering strategic HR practices, policies, and processes?
Are you driven to deliver excellence in the HR function using your advanced knowledge of California HR practices?
Do you love championing and contributing to the creation of a safe and inclusive work environment?
Do you thrive in fast-paced, start-up environments in the alternative meat manufacturing industry?
If you answered yes to these questions, then WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
The VP, Human Resources, reports directly to the CEO as the head of the People Operations. They will develop, manage and administer general HR processes for all of Air Protein. We are seeking a hands-on VP of Human Resources to lead the HR function and drive the development of a strong company culture at our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate will have a background in HR and a passion for building vibrant, inclusive, and high-performing organizations. As the sole HR resource for the company, the VP of Human Resources will have full responsibility for all HR-related functions, including but not limited to recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, benefits administration, and payroll. Additionally, the VP of Human Resources will play a key role in fostering a positive company culture, promoting community engagement, and contributing to the overall success of the company. This position is located at the Air Protein Innovation Center in San Leandro, CA (SF Bay Area) and will require candidates to live within commutable distance to our facilities. (Relocation assistance may be offered.)
- Partner with functional divisions and departments to address day-to-day human resource needs to keep the pulse of the organization, while championing Air Protein's diverse and innovative culture. - Lead all aspects of the recruiting process, from sourcing to onboarding, to attract and retain top talent. - Handle employee relations issues, including performance management and disciplinary action. - Oversee the administration of employee benefits and payroll. -Collaborate with outsourced HR support (as needed) to ensure HR functions are properly managed. - Lead efforts to build a positive and inclusive company culture, promoting community engagement and employee satisfaction.
- Must be willing to be both a player and a coach as the organization grows and until the department is fully staffed.
- Provide executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization's HR operations.
- Collaborate with executive leadership to define the organization's long-term mission and goals and identify ways to support this mission through talent management.
- Develop and implement HR strategies, policies, and procedures to support the company's growth and culture.
- Identify key performance indicators for the organization's functions and assess the organization's success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
- Establish HR Compliance, develop and implement required policy, and conduct necessary audits to ensure remedies and calibration by collaborating with leaders across the organization to identify, develop and implement strategic HR solutions as Air Protein's expert in areas of HR Compliance.
- Keep abreast of HR trends and regulations, and ensure company compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or relevant experience.
- 10+ years of HR experience, with experience supporting teams on-site in the manufacturing industry within a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, or SPHR preferred, with advanced knowledge of HR law and employment compliance in California.
- Ability to effectively envision, develop and implement new policies, programs, best practices and strategies.
- Possess functional expertise across key areas of HR, including Employee Relations, HR Compliance, Benefits, Payroll, Workers, Compensation, Data Reporting, and Talent Acquisition.
- Proven experience in building and promoting a positive company culture.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think critically and creatively.
Skills & Qualities:
- Motivated, proactive, and prioritizes a people-centric approach
- Demands excellence in execution Experience working in a fast-paced, high-performance culture where the business is continually evolving
- Ability to think critically and anticipate issues before they arise, and proactively suggest long-term solutions
- Excellent judgment and the ability to make sound decisions independently
- Stellar project management skills with exceptional attention to detail and discipline to organize and prioritize
- Passion for building and promoting a positive company culture.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and implement effective HR strategies.
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to serve as a trusted advisor to the executive team.
- Strong relationship-building skills and ability to foster community engagement and employee satisfaction.
- Committed to continuous learning and professional development.
- Proficiency in HR systems and tools.
Check us out in the media, news, and in the community:
$215,999 - $285,000 a year
This is the pay range for this position that we reasonably expect to pay. Individual compensation is based on various factors, including experience, education, skillset, and geographic location. This range is for the Bay Area, California location, and may be adjusted to the labor market in other geographic areas.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Health Benefits, including ancillary benefits and HSA/FSA programs
- Unlimited PTO and Paid Holidays
- Parental Bonding Leave
- Retirement Plan with Company Match up to 4%
- Employee Equity
- Employee Development
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
- Weekly All-Hands Meetings
Air Protein is an equal opportunity employer:
At Air Protein, we are committed to providing equal opportunities. Because we want the absolute best people, we enthusiastically invite people of every race, color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability – or any other status protected by law – to apply to join our team.
Research has shown that women and people from marginalized groups may not apply for a role if they aren't a 100% match. Please don't hold back. If you think you will excel in this role, but perhaps you don’t tick every box, we'd appreciate the opportunity to consider your application.
About Air Protein:
Imagine a protein company unlike anything that has come before! Air Protein™ is on a mission to impact climate change by revolutionizing how we make protein. Founded in 2019, we make protein from elements of the air.
Air Protein is a modern food company, crafting the world’s first air-based protein to feed us more sustainably, help renew the planet’s resources and eliminate compromise between nutrition, taste and climate impact. Using novel technology inspired by NASA, we convert elements found in the air around us into protein using probiotic cultures, then turn those proteins into any meat imaginable. It’s where cutting-edge science meets bold ambition to reinvent the way we eat.
Join our team of passionate scientists, engineers, and business leaders working to transform the future of food with solutions we never thought possible, creating meat that is nutritious, delicious and more sustainable. Air Protein uses less land, less water and is significantly faster to make than any other meat available.
In addition to the chance to work with cutting edge technology to help combat climate change and working toward addressing the impending food crisis, Air Protein employees also enjoy competitive benefits and total compensation plans and a collaborative company culture. If you join us on this relentless pursuit for more, changing the world will soon feel as natural as taking a breath.
Air Protein is funded by ADM, a world leader in fermentation technology, GV (formerly Google Ventures), and Barclays, one of the world’s leading financial institutions.
Forbes:The Meatless Mafia: Four Companies Revolutionizing the Future of Food
World Economic Forum:Air Protein Named WEF Technology Pioneer
TED Talk: A forgotten Space Age Technology Could Change How We Grow Food
Bloomberg:Crop Trader ADM Pours Money Into Firm Making Meat Out of Air