Sourcing & Procurement Manager:
Augusta, Georgia, United States, Full-Time
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. We produce plant-based ingredients in our manufacturing facility in Augusta, GA using a variety of patented and proprietary microbial technologies. These technologies are changing the way the world thinks. Google us, watch YouTube videos about us. The founders of our company and those they have brought into the team are using biological processes to literally change the way things are made. It is amazing. Our growing list of specialty products are in the fields of food ingredients, flavors and fragrances, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals.
The Manus team is a powerhouse of talent looking for someone with a lot of potential to grow with us. We need a Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Manager to join our team in Augusta, GA. This person will lead and develop a team to improve our sourcing and procurement strategies and processes. In this role, you will lead in a constantly evolving sourcing landscape to develop the processes, tools and systems needed to facilitate a growing business, one that has an astounding pipeline of new products that will bring evolving needs. Besides applicable skill, foresight and entrepreneurial vision will be key to being successful in this role, but it is also what will make this position fun for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will work within and build around the current SAP ByDesign environment to enable transparency, tracking and management of key sourcing, procurement and inventory processes for the company. The role will be positioned within the supply chain team while interacting with other departments in production and office environments. Supply chain is end-to-end, so projects could take you from vendor through operations to marketing and customers. We touch it all and hope you can help us make it all better.
While building a team, we need this position to be on-site position and located in Augusta, GA. When here, you’ll appreciate working arm-in-arm with some of the best in the area, solving today’s problems and building for tomorrow’s opportunities.Why Work At Manus Bio
- Opportunity – To be part in building a company focused on a future increasingly reliant on biomanufacturing and making a sustainable and positive impact in the world. Change the world with us.
- Accountability – You will manage projects in a hands-on environment to streamline processes and increase transparency in the company.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on bringing cutting edge technologies to market.
The Manager Sourcing and Procurement will report to the Head of Supply Chain. The ideal candidate will be will be responsible for handling the company’s end-to-end sourcing and procurement operations to support manufacturing operations, offsite/global CMO network and CapEx activities. The successful candidate will be able to appraise and improve our sourcing and procurement activities by analyzing the company’s spending, supplying partnerships and new possibilities. The position will include the development of training programs to support building the team.Responsibilities
Education and Experience:
- Develop, prioritize, and implement a long-term spend management roadmap to include sourcing, supplier management, category management and
- Develop and lead spend management strategies to sustainably improve total cost, quality, risk, and revenue and efficiencies in our supply chain
- Define cost setting targets and provide all necessary information to meet target costs
- Create and enhance purchasing standard operating procedures (SOP) and guidelines
- Partner with the Finance, Legal and respective Functional team leads to develop Supply/Service Agreements (MSA), Letters of Intent (LOI), Statements of Work (SOW), etc
- Work closely with Finance to identify systems and processes that allow for efficient and effective execution of the end to end procure to pay process
- Oversight of supply chain risk and business continuity plans, with ability to identify and lead significant economic business development
- Demonstrate understanding of business processes in order to add measurable value and contributions to financial performance
- Assist in the identification of potential suppliers and develop/co-develop request for proposal (RFP) packages
- Navigate challenging supplier performance issues as needed via direct business-to-business discussions, and via contractual/legal escalation pathways as needed
- Lead a team to manage documentation for vendor, raw material and contractor certifications
- Monitor production plan for shifts in demand.
- Design, plan and implement strategies to measure the performance and impact of responsible sourcing initiatives
- Engage with respondents throughout the RFP process to ensure clear understanding of requirements and development of high-quality proposals
- Proactively look for ways to mitigate our risk profile via contract negotiations, close monitoring of supplier performance, and supporting performance improvement initiatives
- Oversight of all outsourced construction-related relationships including but not limited to RFPs, Bid sets, change orders, and contract negotiations
- Manage contract manufacturing relationship and activities, including global CMO assets.
- As our business matures, identify and help implement spend management technologies, such as sourcing and procure-to-pay solutions as resources become available
- Work closely with IT and Finance to ensure capability and conformance with reporting and security parameters.
- Respond to and support new product launches as the business grows and diversifies by establishing flexibility in systems that foreseeable variability needs.
- BS (MS preferred) in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain (or related field).
- 5+ years Sourcing and Procurement experience, having led a team for some period of time, preferably in food, pharma, natural ingredient spaces.
- Excellent PC skills and technical savvy including data analysis using tools such as Excel, PowerBI or other commonly available analytical tools. Must be able to prove to be a data-driven thinker.
- Proven leader that develops team members and produces results
- Global experience in both sourcing and preferred to have global logistics experience
- Demonstrated experience in implementing process improvements and new standards that improve data visibility and procurement execution
- Creative thinker- able to conceptualize and develop new processes to enable the company to increase operational efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills with strong verbal and writing skills.
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills.