About the Role
We are looking for a detail-oriented and enthusiastic BioProcess Technician to join our pilot plant operations team and support our efforts to produce consistent and high-quality products and data for scaleup. 80-90% of the time will be spent on the Manufacturing floor, and the other 10-20% of the time will be spent managing sample submissions, writing and updating standard operating procedures and job hazard assessments, and maintaining the preventive maintenance schedule and records. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills to record detailed instructions and have good organizational and time management skills. You will work closely with process engineers to keep documentation up-to-date and ensure preventive maintenance is executed and recorded accordingly. The scope of your work will expand from routine to more complex tasks as you develop new skills.
What you'll accomplish
- Operate manufacturing equipment safely and effectively for production processing
- Perform tasks based on written SOPs and guidance from the supervisor
- Operate lab instrumentation to collect data and organize results
- Perform regular equipment maintenance to ensure production capacity and quality
- Troubleshoot challenges or unexpected behaviors during production
- Maintain cleanliness and organization
- Ability to work in pilot plant settings stand for long periods of time and lift 40 lbs
What you bring:
- 3+ years of industry experience, preferably working in microbial fermentation and experience troubleshooting processes.
- Ability to work multiple shifts (morning & evening) and weekends as needed
- You are a strong communicator, detail-oriented, organized, and proactive.
- You enjoy handling complex systems and toggle between tasks smoothly
- You enjoy helping others in the lab
- You are empathetic, curious, and reflective; you’re able to use these skills effectively to resolve conflicts and compromise with peers and reports
Why you’ll love it here:
- Comprehensive benefits: 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401k matching, and stock options
- Tasty perks: Weekly catered lunches
- Customizable options: FSA, HSA, Commuter, Pet Care, and additional life insurance
- Work-life harmony: Flexible PTO and 10+ paid company holidays per year
- Onsite conveniences: Free parking and unlimited gym access
- Energizing refreshments: Unlimited sparkling water, granola bars, snacks, local coffee, and tea
- Exciting socials: Themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Open communication: Monthly all-hands meetings and direct access to CEO and leadership
- Ideal location: Close to Daly City BART and Caltrain stations
Pay Range: $82,787 - $85,382
At EVERY™ pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on the location specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.