Do you want to help advance scientific discovery, improving quality of life around the world? We do, too.
Molecular Devices has the opportunity to be the innovation partner that empowers scientists to fast-track research breakthroughs, leading to earlier diagnoses and safer drug treatments. We’re a leading life science solutions provider of high-performance bioanalytical measurement systems, software, and consumables. With Molecular Devices, you’ll grow your career with best-in-class teams in a culture of collaboration.
Molecular Devices is one of 10 Life Sciences companies of Danaher. Together, we accelerate the discovery, development and delivery of solutions that safeguard and improve human health.
Are you looking to jump start your sales career? The Technical Sales Representative for Molecular Devices is responsible for the sales activities associated with the BioResearch product platform (Microplate readers, Absorbance, Fluorescence, Luminescence, TRF & FP, AlphaScreen, AlphaLisa; Imaging; Western Blot, Microplate Washers, Robotic plate handling systems, Microarray scanners,) in the South Bay Area.
As a member of the Sales organization, this role is responsible for building and maintaining strong customer relationships directed toward growing Molecular Devices’ market share, revenue and profitability year over year in the following target market segments: life sciences, biotechnology, pharma, academic research labs, contract labs, government installations, some clinical labs.
- Achieve North America revenue goals and targets for the product platform in the assigned territory.
- Perform technical demonstrations, training, installations, customer support on equipment & software.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date customer database in Salesforce.com.
- Generate accurate monthly forecasting for the assigned territory.
- Perform lead generation activities including but not limited to eblasts, seminars, workdays with business partners.
- Attend and participate in Regional and Local Product Shows
- Results focused – consistently monitor territory metrics and take ownership of changes needed to succeed.
- Balanced growth of via both direct channel and distribution channel
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related Life Sciences discipline is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of field sales experience or selling into the life science or drug discovery industry is preferred. Pharmaceutical sales does not meet this qualification requirement.
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to 40%
- Professional Presentation and Public Speaking Skills.
- Experience in PowerPoint, Excel, Word & Salesforce.com CRM Database.
- 3-5 years of Field Sales Experience with research instrumentation
- Knowledge of absorbance, fluorescence and luminescence, Western Blot & Imaging technology.
We believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, remote working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home. Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working here can provide.
The salary range OR the hourly range for this role is $85,000-$102,000. This is the range that we in good faith believe is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
This job is also eligible for bonus/incentive pay.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees.
At Molecular Devices we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, remote working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home. Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Molecular Devices can provide.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve.Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.