Your work at Wildtype
- Formulation of novel foods, ingredient processing, screening, and novel food innovation research
- Design and execute physical, chemical, and sensory tests. Analyze and interpret test results to guide the team’s R&D efforts
- Ensure and improve product quality and safety by developing formulations and processing methods that meets the highest standards, and transfer technologies for scale-up and commercialization
What you bring to Wildtype
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in food science, polymer science, materials science or another related field with a focus on ingredient/component functionality, food chemistry etc.
- 1-4 years of experience working in a food research laboratory and/or in an industrial food setting
- Basic understanding of food safety, ingredient interactions, food regulation, mechanical textural analyses, and sensory analyses
- Passion for the science of food, and for solving problems of complex food matrices
What we’ll teach you
- Product development in the context of cellular agriculture from conceptualization to commercialization
- Out of norm thinking for product development that integrates other branches of science, including tissue engineering and cell biology
- How to utilize your strong background in food science to develop as an experienced food formulation scientist
- New technologies to assess and measure the quality of novel sustainable seafood products
- Within 1 monthyou will have carried out your first experiment of your own, with the support of your mentor. You will start contributing to new product development by obtaining data from your experiments that relate to existing technologies and ingredients. You will have defined your professional development goals for the next twelve months.
- Within 3 months You will have understood the flow of cultivated seafood and edible scaffolding formulation and development, and you will be carrying out routine activities such as ingredient and formulation screening and sourcing without supervision. You will begin contributing to ideas for process and product improvement.
- Within 6 months Your skills will have developed to the point where you can independently train new hires on an existing formulation and production processes. Your work will be organized effectively to achieve tasks on time at a high quality. You will have executed your independently designed experiment run with controls, and presented your findings at team research meetings.
- Within 12 months You will be managing and carrying out multiple experimental runs simultaneously. You will be able to articulate how your work directly impacts the company’s milestones. You will routinely take initiative to research topics independently and volunteer new ideas or approaches.