Start Date: August 2023
Wild Microbes is a synthetic biology startup powering the next generation of biological manufacturing. We have some WILD ideas. What if we could grow everything from plastics to proteins using microbes, releasing the pressure on vulnerable ecosystems. We can make it a reality by harnessing new microbial chasses using cutting-edge technology. We encourage people of every background to apply.
To apply, email email@example.com with 1) your CV 2) a short paragraph about why you're interested, and 3) your start date. All technical roles are in-person in our state-of-the-art lab at The Engine in Cambridge, MA.
- Engineer newly-domesticated strains to maximize their performance against a variety of target metrics.
- Evolve strains for high fitness in conditions relevant to the desired industrial bioprocess.
- Design and execute screens and implement them across dozens of microbial species in a high-throughput experimental workflow.
- Develop high-throughput engineering strategies and manage an NGS workflow.
- Contribute to key projects and ensure completion of core company milestones.
- PhD in microbiology or microbial syn bio.
- Experience engineering in multiple cell types.
- Academic or industry background in syn bio, bioengineering, or other comparable field.
- Able to work full-time in the US.
- Passion for preserving our environment.
- Knowledge or experience in fermentation engineering.
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, and vision coverage. Paid parental leave.
- Fantastic office snacks and frequent team lunches.
Wild Microbes is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, or any other characteristic protected by law.