The GM ensures all Drive Thru team and guest activities are consistent with and supportive of Amy’s core values (and all internal standards and tools), and that these practices are thriving in the Drive Thrus.The GM leads and influences by example and adds value to the company culture and experiences of both the collective team and guests by providing motivational leadership, coaching, and development. The GM holds the entire team accountable to their job responsibilities and development standards by meeting expectations in all areas of their respective job descriptions. The GM achieves this by driving business results with the Assistant General Manager, Resturant Managers, and Team Leads.
The General Manager is accountable for the all-encompassing oversight of people and operations through leadership and management at Amy’s Drive Thru location while successfully driving and enriching all restaurant endeavors. The General Manager demonstrates a model of success through communication, consistency, and managing change for the entire collective team.
The GM leads the Drive Thrus’ operational action plans based on Amy’s Operational Excellence and Key Productivity Indicators (KPIs). KPIs include following and enforcing Amy’s goals, processes, and standards for: food quality and safety; facilities management; budgeting; marketing, growing the business; and community engagement. The GM achieves this by driving business results with the Assistant General Manager-Operations (AGM-Ops). Through the KPI ownership, the GM is accountable for elevating profit margins and maintaining all required standards at their assigned Amy’s Drive Thrus.
The GM supervises assigned AGMs at one or more Amy’s Drive Thru locations
- Five plus years in management positions, preferably fast casual restaurant including full service or convenience, high-volume high-quality food preparation with semi-complex customization related to food allergies and allergen safety.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; communicates effectively with guests and all levels within the Amy’s organization across many functions including IT, Finance, Marketing, HR, Purchasing, etc.
- Track record of building a business through strong people development practices, high retention/low turnover with excellent coaching and training skills.
- Analyzes business results, identifies areas for improvement, and implements sustained changes as needed, following standards in place.
- Maintains a positive attitude in a fast-moving ever-changing work environment.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Self-starter and works independently in a less structured start-up environment.
- Responds to and manages work requests from multiple directions.
- Able to work a minimum of 45 hours per week with a flexible schedule as required.
- Must be accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Aptitude for reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations in English. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
MATHEMATICAL/COMPUTER SKILLS: Adept at solving basic math and algebraic problems. Proficient computer/tech user with multiple technology hardware and software applications including Excel, Word, email, and other restaurant management tools.
REASONING ABILITY and CREATIVITY: Excels at creatively solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Keen sense of interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Proven skills in leading a fast-paced team environment with a high degree of flexibility, and enthusiastically embraces constant change.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
Routinely required to sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear; occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This role requires 15% travel