The Head of Financial Planning and Analysis role plays a critical leadership role in the strategic and financial planning of MyForest Foods. This is a highly visible role that includes frequent interaction with executive leaders, investor groups, and other key internal and external stakeholders. As a senior leader within the Finance team, this role’s overarching responsibilities include leadership of Finance efforts in delivering relevant and insightful business analysis that enables effective decision-making for the senior leaders and improves MyForest Foods’ overall performance.
The Head of Financial Planning and Analysis is a true business partner to the food service, eCommerce, & brick-and-mortar retail, and Supply Chain teams and will provide perspectives and expertise to maximize financial performance. This role also drives change management through processes, systems, and reporting improvements to provide more transparency and visibility into current and future financial results. The Head of Financial Planning and Analysis plays a pivotal role in shaping the financial strategy of the organization and requires a combination of technical expertise, leadership skills, and business acumen.
- Lead the development and maintenance of the long-range plan incorporating the financial impact of company strategies and initiatives
- Strong partnership with the CFO on financial reporting to the Board of Directors and external investors
- Oversee the creation of reporting packages, in support of providing business partners with timely and insightful summaries of financial results. Highlight results to the leadership team and provide recommended action steps
- Lead collaboration on sales-driving and cost-efficiency initiatives by building out scenario-based models and providing the financial framework to support decisions and analyze results
- Serve as a champion for cost management and waste reduction across the company by leading the development, monitoring, and reporting of key operational metrics and driving processes to improve productivity and efficiency
- Responsible for leading and driving the annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes
- Manage debt compliance and lender relationship
- Oversee equity plan administration including reporting, analysis, and valuations (manage Carta)
- Present both to the Board of Directors and Investors with confidence; support their questions and informational needs
- Support special projects with a financial lens, including business development projects and loan/grant applications
- Monitor and evaluate team members' performance, providing regular feedback and coaching to foster professional growth and development
- Develop financial processes and leverage both current and new systems for the company to support exponential growth
- Work closely with the CEO and the rest of the Executive Team to ensure success across business-critical topics, and work with MyForest executive leadership to undertake specific operational and strategic actions informed by business analytics
- Foster a positive and collaborative team environment, encouraging open communication, trust, and respect among team members
- Continuously seek opportunities to enhance team efficiency, productivity, and overall performance
Experience & Expertise:
- 15+ years of Finance experience in Consumer Packaged Goods
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or related business field, MBA strongly preferred
- Exceptional results orientation, with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership, in a low-resource environment
- Outstanding analytical skills and a proven ability to connect data analysis with business issues and decisions. Advanced Excel and modeling skills
- Superior short-term and long-term financial planning skills; strong ability to handle internal and external pressure within tight timelines
- Extremely detail-oriented, well organized, high standard of accuracy, and a “roll-up-the-sleeves” attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with senior leadership effectively
- Skillful in managing conflicts with minimal noise
- Strong knowledge of finance accounting and principles
- Investor deck build and presentation highly desired
- Articulate and dynamic communicator and finance storyteller
- Entrepreneurial with a bias toward action
- Impeccable work ethic and high level of integrity
- “Roll-up-the-sleeves” attitude
- Low ego and organizational humility with the ability to navigate between the front line & the boardroom
Location: To secure the best talent, this position can be virtual/remote with travel to Green Island, New York as needed.
Albany Salary Range; Compensation for this role ranges between $150k-$175k depending on candidate's experience and skills.
If you are passionate about finance and building companies along with investors, check out this job!!