Rooted in California, Califia Farms is on a mission to create a future where plants replace dairy, without compromise. The company creates a variety of great-tasting plant-based beverages that make the transition to eating plant-based dairy easy and delicious. Califia Farms is one of the fastest-growing, independently owned, natural beverage companies in the US, UK, and Canada and is well-known for its iconic curvy bottle. Califia Farms was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in the downtown Los Angeles Arts District, with a manufacturing facility in Bakersfield, Calif. The company’s culture is built around four core values: passion for purpose, insights into action, fierce interdependence, and challenger spirit.
The Sales Operations Analyst, Away from Home (AFH) is responsible for supporting the sales team in achieving their sales mission and goals.
This position is based out of our headquarters in the Arts District in Downtown Los Angeles and works in the office Tuesday through Thursday.
- Provide analytical support at the product group, category, and channel level to support sales execution.
- Identify business opportunities based on findings from available business data sources and research tools/platforms.
- Work with cross functional partners to develop sales ready materials and tools.
- Assist in the tracking of key product group activity at the trade level to ensure achievement of the plan and/or identify gaps.
- Provide analytics to support pre-program, program, and post program (or launch) plans.
- Facilitate the development of sales trade plans aligned with marketing and sales objectives by providing tactical analytical support. CRM reporting & analysis.
- Management of customer programs including pricing, merchandising, and marketing.
- Tradeshow Planning and Execution: Provide support in planning and executing tradeshow participation. This includes coordinating logistics of booth assets.
- Customer Data Management: Oversee the set up and system management of all AFH customers, including contracts and renewals.
Required Skills & Abilities
- Experience creating internal and external presentation materials and customizing decks to support new initiatives.
- Ability to utilize the analysis of a variety of sources of data to develop solid, actionable recommendations that address specific goals/objectives and tell the business story.
- Acts with urgency to make the most of opportunities, address customer needs, and accomplish goals and objectives on the day-to-day business needs for sales including the support of new item launches with excellence on speed to market.
- Ability to complete projects and organize work independently to produce stated outcomes.
- Capable of identifying risks and opportunities to management and prioritizing competing demands for resources of time and money.
- Experience accurately forecasting volume and/or tracking and completing specific projects to meaningful deadlines.
- Ability to anticipate business needs and influence change to drive actionable and tangible results.
- Must have the ability to work independently and proactively but seamlessly transition into a collaborative team environment.
- Thrives in a dynamic work environment and effectively manages change; can shift gears comfortably; decide and act without having the total picture; and comfortably handles risk and uncertainty
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of analytics experience in customer sales within a CPG organization
- Strong understanding of industry data (Datassentials, Mintel, etc.) and access, interpret and draw accurate conclusions to make the case for a plan of action or decision.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong critical analysis and strategic skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.