The Field Service Technician will provide service and repair techniques involving diagnosing and correcting malfunctions of food preparation equipment. Diversified abilities requiring the use of a wide range of procedures and the exercise of judgment in the analysis of facts or circumstances to determine what action should be taken within the limits of standard practice. Incumbent has the latitude to use discretion in determining appropriate course of action.What You’ll Do:
- Adjusting, aligning, assembling, calibrating, inspecting, lubrication, and testing of equipment.
- Problem diagnosis including electrical/mechanical and electronics troubleshooting. Must be able to be innovative to remedy a situation so the customer may resume operations.
- Maintain frequent contact with the office to receive service assignments and review service problems with advisor, supervisor or manager.
- Consistently achieve or surpass weekly productivity and service labor revenue goals assigned by management.
- Maintain working knowledge of latest modifications, retrofit, etc. for equipment assigned to service.
- Assist others on equipment installations or in performing major repair assignments. Maintain a working knowledge of parts stocking and identification methods.
- Satisfactorily complete maintenance, sanitation and audio/visual field training as required.
- May work overtime with short notice, as required, including on call assist in developing sales leads for contracts, etc.
- Assist, as necessary, with product demonstrations at customer locations and at trade shows.
- Comply with all safety standards.
- Perform PLC and HMI programming.
- 75% domestic and international travel. May work on-site for up to 4-6 weeks. Extended hour work weeks (average 60-65 hours)
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5+ years as an assembler, electrician or welder.
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills when work with internal and external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, Word and Excel.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer interaction skills.
- Ability to work independently and display sound judgment on high-profile projects that can vastly impact financial results and customer relations.
- Must be able to furnish required hand tools for their role. (A list of tools is available upon request.)
- Must be able to lift 50-75 lbs with or without assistance.
- Must be able to climb up an 8 ft. with ladder
Who we are:
- Rockwell Logix and factory talk experience preferred.
- Strong electrical skills, including ability to troubleshoot and basic PLC knowledge.
- Knowledge of bakery process and automation processes desired.
- Strong welding and fabrication skills.
- Strong mechanical ability, such as pneumatics, hydraulics, and general fabrication.
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelor's in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers. Coperion is a Operating Company of Hillenbrand.
Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
EEO: The policy of Hillenbrand Inc. is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, Hillenbrand Inc. and our operating companies are committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at email@example.com . In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying. At Hillenbrand, everyone is welcome to apply and "Shape What Matters for Tomorrow".