Rooted in California, Califia Farms is on a mission to create a future where plants replace dairy, without compromise. The company creates a variety of great-tasting plant-based beverages that make the transition to eating plant-based dairy easy and delicious. Califia Farms is one of the fastest-growing, independently owned, natural beverage companies in the US, UK, and Canada and is well-known for its iconic curvy bottle. Califia Farms was founded in 2010 and is headquartered in the downtown Los Angeles Arts District, with a manufacturing facility in Bakersfield, Calif. The company’s culture is built around four core values: passion for purpose, insights into action, fierce interdependence, and challenger spirit.
Califia Farms is seeking a highly motivated, experienced National Account Manager to develop our rapidly growing Costco business. A successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to develop and execute Costco-specific growth strategies and enjoy analyzing data to create fact-based category leadership presentations to drive positive sales results.
- Responsible for developing multi-level productive relationships and selling products directly to Costco.
- Maintain mandated profit contribution levels through effective management of assigned spending budgets.
- Effectively utilize syndicated data to identify opportunities and provide management with post analysis results.
- Interface with Marketing and Sales Management to identify opportunities and develop regional initiatives.
- Effectively incorporate insights obtained from the broker team to identify and realize opportunities
- Must manage trade spending budget and deliver financial sales responsibility driven by senior leadership team.
- Evaluate current and competitive product’s pricing, promotions, and sales strategies for potential business opportunities.
- Manage the sampling program.
- Work with broker partner on regional programs, manage Business Centers directly.
- Lead contributor to product innovation plans for Club.
- Collaborate with internal sales analyst and customer buying teams to effectively forecast sales
- Develop recommendations for promotional activities to effectively optimize sales growth within available spending guidelines, using available POS, syndicated and consumer insights data
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience selling to Costco
- Thorough knowledge of how to successfully navigate the Club Channel is a must
- Good understanding of syndicated data information sources (i.e., IRI and AC Nielsen)
- Financial mindset, will be developing plans that deliver on profitability expectations and within budget
- Ability to develop, implement, and measure sales generating programs
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency required
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.