The Finance Manager will support the FP&A team as the key business partner to Supply Chain, with a particular focus on global logistics, procurement, and the co-manufacturing environment. This will include, but is not limited to, assisting in budgeting, long-term planning, forecasting, variance analysis, project analysis, decision support, financial and operational reporting, etc. The Finance Manager will serve as a trusted advisor to senior leadership, becoming a subject matter expert on the financial performance of Supply Chain. As part of a dynamic and growth-oriented environment, the Finance Manager will provide valued input on the expected financial impact from taking potential courses of action. A secondary focus of the role will be providing guidance and oversight of SG&A financial planning, analysis, and reporting.
This position works in the office Tuesday through Thursday.
- Lead global Supply Chain financial reporting and planning, including monthly variance analysis, quarterly forecasts, and annual financial plan.
- Partner with global Supply Chain leadership to develop an in-depth understanding of operational cost drivers at the lowest level of detail across storage, transportation, raw materials, packaging, and contract manufacturing.
- Leverage functional understanding to both newly build and enhance existing bottom-up models to assess and forecast cost.
- Provide key input to annual development of standard costs and ongoing analysis of purchase price variance (PPV).
- Prepare and manage weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting to senior leadership
- Prepare and report monthly budget vs. actual variance analysis, identify and explain variances, and provide commentary to inform outcomes and assumptions
- Prepare monthly and quarterly presentations to support Board Meetings
- Develop fact-based recommendations to help senior leadership make informed business decisions
- Support the development of the annual business planning and budgeting process; including the gathering of necessary data, development of supporting models, collaborating with business partners to determine assumptions and establish key benchmarks
- Partner with the business and deliver valuable insights and sound decision support for functional teams to enable accurate quarterly/monthly forecasts
- Collect, analyze, and present financial information to business partners identifying risks and opportunities; play an active part in helping to solve problems and close gaps
- Champion best-practices and assess process improvement opportunities that drive productivity and enhanced data management
- Support any ad hoc financial analysis, modeling, and analytical support
- Build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field required with 4+ years of relevant business experience
- Experience in manufacturing/CPG strongly preferred
- Proven interpersonal and team skills. Effectively communicates with, influences, and engages all levels of the organization
- Has a strong interest and aptitude to automate manual reports and processes
- Must be able to speak to key business drivers at a high level while understanding the details
- Ability to package executive-level presentations
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office applications
- Ability to work in a rigorous environment with shifting priorities while delivering on tight deadlines
Salary Range: $120 - $135K
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.