SIMULATE's mission is to upgrade the world to a positive food system. SIMULATE's first product, NUGGS, is a chicken nugget simulation made from plant inputs. Since NUGGS launched in the Summer of 2019, we have evolved into the fastest growing chicken nugget on the planet. SIMULATE is currently developing new nutrition technologies, some that will launch later in the year.
About the Role
Our Bridgeton, NJ manufacturing plant is looking for “hands-on” plant technicians to help scale our pilot facility. These charter members will be change agents at heart who are excited to build the future of SIMULATE.
Ideal candidates must be flexible with their time and excited to work in laboratory, “pilot plant” conditions as we grow and expand our manufacturing footprint. Each Plant Technician will share core responsibilities as part of the team, while also empowered to lead a unique focus area of our factory. Passion and respect for our people and products is a must!
Under the direction of our Site Leads, our Plant Technicians will share the responsibility for executing plant operations. These operations include interfacing with equipment, instrumentation, computer control systems, laboratory equipment and in-process testing according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Each team member will be responsible for ensuring plant operations, including recognizing and informing the Plant Manager and/or Site Lead if production challenges arise.
- Perform operations including inspection, setup, operating, cleaning, maintaining, and troubleshooting equipment such as blending, mixing, extruding, process vessels, filling machine, blast freezers, and other plant equipment.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to faithfully execute batch records, perform plant start-ups and shutdowns, use process instrumentation (HMIs) to operate process equipment, collect and test samples on all product and in process streams using analytical equipment and record data and information in batch records.
- Work with other Plant personnel to execute new processes in the plant.
- Ensure continuity and safety in operations of plant equipment and related instrumentation through adhering to safety and quality procedures and maintaining area to safety & cleanliness standards.
- Recognize and notify Plant personnel of any production problems and document any deviations in operations from intended performance in batch records.
- Troubleshoot process issues as directed by the Process Engineer or Plant Manager.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience in a related field (food manufacturing, pharmaceutical operations, brewery operations, plant and equipment maintenance), ideally with prior relevant experience and mechanical aptitude.
- Able to operate large-scale plant equipment.
- Able to follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Able to operate basic laboratory analytical equipment.
- Able to keep accurate and timely logs of data and process values.
- Able to write and review new standard operating procedures for new processes.
- Good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with critical thinking and reasoning.
- Enjoys working individually and within a team.
- Effective spoken and written communication skills to interact efficiently with visitors, vendors and SIMULATE team members.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to take direction on multiple process operations.
- Able to lift 50 lbs and walk/stand for long periods of time.
- Able to push/pull large equipment such as product carts and mixer tanks.
- Able to climb up and down ladders and stairs.
- Able to operate a forklift.
- Able to work in hot and cold environments.
- Flexibility in schedule to work outside of normal working hours and weekends as dictated by demand planning.
- Other duties as assigned by plant leadership.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Full-time employees eligible
- No Waiting Period
- 8-hour shift, subject to change
Pay Rate & Frequency
- $20.00 - $25.00 per hour, depending on experience
SIMULATE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.