Augusta, Georgia, United States, Contract Position
Manus Bio is a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts that produces plant-based ingredients. We use a variety of patented and proprietary technologies to engineer microbes for the production of specialty chemicals such as food ingredients, flavor materials, agricultural chemicals, and pharmaceuticals. We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Writer professional with experience in a manufacturing environment. The position involves working with operations team to write standard operating procedures and training manuals. This hands-on position requires a desire and ability to work as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team, as well as the demonstration of a high degree of flexibility, creativity, and initiative applied to the various duties and aspects of the position. This person will be expected to play an integral part of Manus Bio’s team located in Augusta, GA.Why Work At Manus Bio
- Opportunity – For motivated, results-oriented team members, our growth creates opportunities for personal and professional advancement.
- Accountability – You are given the resources you need to succeed and the freedom to make it happen; in return, we hold each other accountable for our high expectations.
- Passion – We love what we do and enjoy working with others who feel the same way. We embrace the challenge and hard work that come with working on the cutting edge.
- Write standard operating procedure documentation that meets company standards.
- Own the technical documentation program; gather all necessary information to create, edit, and organize complete, well-written content that all audience levels understand (technical and non-technical), and develop the ongoing process for managing the documentation program.
- Collaborate closely with Operations to ensure accuracy in standard operating procedures.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology.
- Include photographs, drawings, diagrams and/or charts to illustrate the material.
- Identify problems and suggest ways to better deliver accurate, complete, and well-written content that all audience levels understand (technical and non-technical).
- Partner with the team to update and help maintain a shared documentation library.
- Provide support for any urgent additional task(s) required by team.
This job posting is for a is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner on assignment at Manus Bio. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of a third-party agency partner; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency partner upon offer. The pay rate range provided is a reasonable estimate of the anticipated compensation range for this job at the time of posting. The actual pay rate will be based on a number of factors, including skills, competencies, experience, location and/or being pursued and other job-related factors permitted by law. In addition, this role will be eligible for overtime pay, in accordance with federal and state requirements.
- BS degree and 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with industrial operation is a plus.
- Experience as a technical writer preferred, but not necessary is the candidate has experience performing technical writing as a part of previous work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Skilled a prioritizing and multitasking.
- Motivated to meet deadlines while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidates local to the Central Savannah River Area (CSRA) preferred.
No C2C or Third-Party Vendors
No Visa Sponsorship