Coperion is looking for a Project Engineer
to join our team in Houston, TX.
As a Project Engineer
will be responsible for performing work that crosses the boundaries between engineering and project management. The Project Engineer will act as technical lead on the project or part of the project, be a key customer and supplier contact. Depending on size and type of the project assigned, may have partial or overall project responsibility for technical, commercial and project management.What Coperion Offers You:
What you’ll do
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, which includes MD Live, RX help center, Medical Advocate Program, and company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Generous 401K Matching Program – 3% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved*
- 20 Days of paid vacation, 11 paid holidays, 6 paid sick days
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for development and advancement
- Serve as key customer contact for all technical and commercial issues.
- Review and understand customer specifications and Coperion’s offer to the client.
- Organize the structure of the project based on internal and customer guidelines and support startup of projects, etc.
- Categorize equipment, manpower, other project budget and ensure costs are within budget. Prepare financial projection on regular basis and inform management on the progress and projection of the project.
- Organize and lead internal and customer kick-off meetings.
- Prepare project specifications and technical datasheets and prepare final project documentation at the end of each project.
- Understanding and prepare Process flow diagrams, Piping and Instrumentation diagrams, plant and piping layout drawings, piping isometrics. A designer / draftsperson may assist in CADD.
- Understanding of civil, electrical and controls drawings.
- Perform site visits in a chemical plant environment to review equipment / piping layout, take measurements and perform engineering studies. Must be able to climb stairs or ladders, must not be afraid of heights. The height typically under 500ft (152.4m).
- Prepare technical datasheets, bid evaluation for various equipment like compressors, blowers, fans, filters, silo, piping, dryers, feeders, pumps, various valves, control system, motors, drives, etc.
- Interface with other departments on project related issues; suppliers and other Coperion entities.
- Prepare functional description for control system programming.
- Prepare various lists like utility, equipment, instrumentation, etc.
- Handover to the project to construction, commissioning and/or startup.
- Other duties may be assigned
Great to Haves
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering – Mechanical preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in project engineering with chemical plants or manufacturing capital equipment
- Willing to travel as needed for the job – usually up to 10% of the time
- Experience working with suppliers
- Extrusion or Pneumatic Conveying experience is a plus
- Dependable, honest, quick learner, good communication skills and team player
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including any days, shift, and weekends to ensure that the customer demand is met
- Ability to learn new skills at a fast pace
- Basic computer skills
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 25lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.Who we are:
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers.
Coperion is an operating company of Hillenbrand. Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly-engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
At Hillenbrand we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.DISCLAIMER:
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.