Coperion is looking for a Mechanical Designer
to join our team in Salina, Kansas
. As a Mechanical Designer
you will be responsible for providing support to internal sales, representatives, engineers and customers in the Americas market. You will act as an advisor for projects to grow the sales of Coperion K-Tron’s diverse product portfolio and develop material handling and feeding solutions based on customer specifications and requirements.What Coperion Offers You:
What you’ll do
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, which includes MD Live, RX help center, Medical Advocate Program, and company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- Generous 401K Matching Program – 3% (base pay) automatic contribution + $.50 for each additional dollar saved on the first 6% of pay saved*
- 15 Days of paid vacation, 11 paid holidays, 6 paid sick days
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for development and advancement
- Create/revise detail drawings - AutoCAD or Inventor/SolidWorks from mark ups, layouts, or verbal instruction.
- Create layouts from concept to enable other designers to generate detail drawings.
- Perform cost analysis for new or existing designs.
- Ensure availability of proposed components for a design.
- Select raw material, calculate weight and volume.
- Ensure mechanical fit of all components in each assembly.
- Coordinate proper creation of item type, manufacturability, and bill of material.
- Create/maintain and release data/drawings in ERS, Mapics, and Engineering.
- Estimate remaining times on projects.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Great to Haves
- Associates or Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Technology or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a Mechanical Designer preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% of the time if required, but not often.
- Familiarity with manufacturing practices.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office products (Excel preferred), AutoCAD, and plotter.
- Knowledge of math/algebra (i.e., areas of plane, volume of solids) and knowledge of SI (metric) system.
- 3D Modeling software experience such as SolidWorks or Inventor or equivalent; proficient in at least one 3D modeling software
- Understanding mechanics, calculation of various moments, center of gravity, etc.
- Analytical, problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills.
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong understanding of design concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Understanding of computerized systems, preferably Mapics, AutoCAD, and Inventor or Solid Works.
- Knowledge of metal and non-ferrous materials and their properties.
- Knowledge of U.S. Customary system (inches) and SI system (Metric), various ANSI and ISO Engineering and drafting standards
- General knowledge of ISO 9001 standards; detail knowledge of chapters Design control, Document control and Non-conforming product.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 25lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee’s ability to see near and far distances.Who we are:
Coperion is an industry leader in compounding and extrusion, feeding and weighing, bulk material handling and service, bringing a wealth of know-how and experience to the market. Customers benefit from Coperion’s divisions of Polymer, Equipment & Systems, and Service that are optimally networked on a global basis to offer ultimate support in the design, manufacturing and implementation of ideal systems. Staffed by engineers, chemists, technicians and a variety of industry experts, these Divisions form a powerhouse of process solutions for their customers.
Coperion is an operating company of Hillenbrand. Hillenbrand (NYSE: HI) is a global industrial company that provides highly engineered, mission-critical processing equipment and solutions to customers in over 100 countries around the world. Our portfolio is composed of leading industrial brands that serve large, attractive end markets, including durable plastics, food, and recycling. Guided by our Purpose — Shape What Matters For Tomorrow™ — we pursue excellence, collaboration, and innovation to consistently shape solutions that best serve our associates, customers, communities, and other stakeholders. To learn more, visit: www.Hillenbrand.com.
At Hillenbrand we strive to build a diverse workforce through equal opportunity employment that embraces and leverages the differences each individual has to offer. Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of minorities/females/disabled/veterans.DISCLAIMER:
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.