Sabra makes America's most iconic and beloved hummus and a delicious range of plant-based dips and spreads. We are dedicated to uniting and delighting the world around planet-positive food.
Sabra was founded in 1986 in Astoria, Queens and is headquartered in White Plains, New York. Sabra's 500+ team members proudly produce hummus in Chesterfield County, Virginia, taking great care to ensure the highest-quality hummus is ready to go home with you. From party time to snack time, Sabra is always a feel-good food.
Sustainability is in our roots. Sabra hummus is made with chickpeas grown on family-farms in the Pacific Northwest. The chickpea is not only a nutritional powerhouse but an agricultural treasure, pulling nitrogen from the atmosphere and depositing nutrients into the soil for future crops to consume, making the world a better place one chickpea at a time. Our commitment to the planet drives the ingredients we source, the products we produce, the choices we make and the way we engage with one another and with our community.
People are at the core of how we grow and create value; leading with diversity, equity and inclusion contributes directly to our shared success. We are always looking for talented people who share our passion for nourishing our bodies, our souls, and our communities. If you are interested in learning more about career opportunities at Sabra, visit our career site.
Dip into the world of hummus excellence! Join us for an internship that's as flavorful as it is fulfilling with an exciting opportunity as our Engineering summer intern! Are you a college student looking to gain hands-on experience in engineering? This 12-week internship, starting in May at our Colonial Heights, VA plant, offers the perfect opportunity to dive into the world of engineering within the world's largest hummus manufacturing site.
The Engineering Intern assists the Engineering Department by performing system and equipment evaluations, supporting the development of project scope and definitions, and conducting data research adding value to Manufacturing principles. As an intern, you have a chance to gain hands-on experience in manufacturing operations and learn what it's like to be part of a team committed to uniting and delighting the world around planet-positive food.Dip Into Your Role
Recipe for Success
- Understand and contribute to Engineering Work Processes, including capital project implementation.
- Seek to understand the Plant's operations and manufacturing SOPs, Good Manufacturing Practices, data collection, and continuous improvement processes.
- Collect data, analyze, and recommend improvement opportunities and/or changes to produce safe, high-quality products at targeted reliability within the plant areas assigned.
- Manage small engineering and/or maintenance projects from the feasibility phase, through budget control and implementation, including vendor/contractor interaction and defined timelines.
- Conduct and support trials during overnight shifts or across shift changes
- Additional tasks are assigned to identifying improvement areas and developing/implementing solutions.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a BS Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial) or a recent graduate of a similar program
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment a strong plus
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite
- AutoCAD proficiency is a plus
- Demonstrated clear communication skills
- Strategic, analytical, and creative thinking skills
- Demonstrated leadership initiative through studies or extracurricular activities
- Ability to manage assigned tasks and small projects per scope and timeline
- Willingness to learn and apply Engineering/Maintenance principles
- Organized with a task and deadline oriented mindset
- While this role will work fairly standard business hours, there may be an occasional need to work a night or cross-shift to cover a trial project
We celebrate an inclusive environment and provide equal opportunity for development and advancement. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran or uniform service member, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and/or local law.