Join Amy's as a Training Specialist to be an ambassador for Amy’s. You will provide a warm welcome to new employees as they learn their new role. The Training Specialist is critical to achieving our vision of building a thriving, collaborative, efficient, engaged, and sustainable organization that we can all take pride in. Their interactions and foundational training for all new temps and employees coming into Amy’s helps achieve our vision by connecting each employee’s training to the people, planet, and performance strategies and measures of our manufacturing organization, and by always exhibiting our core values.
This role is responsible for introducing and developing a Safety Always culture with every new Amy’s employee under their supervision. They develop the knowledge and skills of our manufacturing staff, ensuring that employees and temps receive critical Food Safety, Workplace Safety, and foundational role-specific training in the classroom and on the job. This position will report to the Training Supervisor.Bilingual in English and Spanish is required for this position.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
A TYPICAL DAY WILL INCLUDE
What You Will Do
- Support and listen to line workers.
- Respectfully and clearly give and receive feedback.
- Learn and grow within a teaching and coaching role.
- Be approachable, empathic, and compassionate; boosts self-esteem and maintains respect.
- Work easily with diverse styles and people from different backgrounds.
- Confront issues and conflict in a respectful, constructive and productive manner.
- Communicate with Training Supervisor, Department Supervisors and Leads, and new hires.
- Supervise assigned new hires through the initial 2-3 week role-specific training period.
- Motivate and coach employees to be their best and to achieve department goals.
- Lead training efforts assigned to you
- Provide on the job training for Packaging, Production LLs
- Work side by side with employees-in-training, commend their successes and provide constructive feedback on ways that they can improve.
- Provide effective and engaging classroom training.
- Orientation Alchemy Training for Food Safety and Personal Safety
- Temp/New Hire Training (1st Day, 1st Week)
- Role Specific Core FF Training (LL Learning Plan)
- Role Specific Advanced FF Training (LL Learning Plan)
- Food Safety Training related to any changes that arise.
- Alchemy Classroom Facilitation of monthly workplace & food safety topics
- All PCs and CCPs.
- Monitor employees to make sure they are following workplace and food safety rules. Respectfully coach employees who are not adhering to company rules, or are engaged in unsanitary or unsafe practices.
- Ensure that learners are learning in the language they are comfortable learning in.
- Ensure that new temps and direct hires receive the necessary guidance, support and feedback to be proficient in their new roles.
- Model the Amy’s core values. (Acts as an ambassador for Amy’s. Provides a warm welcome to new employees and is patient, helpful and supportive as they learn their new role.)
- Work proactively with LPT to correct performance issues and address problems that arise with employees in training.
This is a full-time opportunity. We have a a variety of shifts available. Please talk with the team to learn more!Experience
Qualifications and Skills
- 1 – 3 years’ experience working on a food manufacturing line.
- Familiar with Windows Office (Outlook, Excel, PPT).
- Experience in training employees on the job.
- Experience in facilitating classroom training to a group of employees.
- Knowledge of product standards, critical control points, food safety and workplace safety rules in a food manufacturing plant.
When you work at Amy’s you become part of the Amy’s family and we believe in taking care of each other. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision coverage and a matching retirement savings plan.OUR LOCATION
This position will be based at our new manufacturing site at 1885 Las Plumas Ave in San Jose.About Us
We are a family owned, proudly independent organic food company and Certified B Corporation® whose purpose is to make it easy and enjoyable for everyone to eat well. The company is committed to cooking authentic great tasting food with high quality, meticulously sourced organic ingredients and making them convenient for consumers.
Working at one of our Plant Kitchens is an opportunity to join the Amy’s family and take pride in working hard at something that matters. Build a career in manufacturing and make a difference!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)