The Team Lead, is an essential member of store leadership. They oversee work of team members to ensure great customer service is provided by making sure food is prepared safely and accurately. The Team Lead is responsible for ensuring team team member are present for each shift, take breaks as required, receive appropriate training, and perform in the moment coaching.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Deliver and model great customer service and excellent food to each Amy’s Drive Thru guest.
- Identifies gaps in service or procedure and takes action to train, coach, delegate and lead team members and trainers on safety, sustainability and customer service.
- Acts as a liason to management, providing feedback to manager(s) about problems in the restaurant including process improvement opportunities, food safety issues, cleanliness, employee performance, safety, and attendance issues, and any issue that prevents the operation from optimal performance.
- Reports or resolves guest complaints and/or incidents and works with team to ensure a positive experience for all guests.
- Understands the importance of food allergens and the potential impact to guests.
- Manages shifts to ensure proper staffing in areas of responsibility and that the team members take breaks as per company policy and state/Fed laws.
- Ensures all Food Safety and Sustainability programs are upheld and participates and receives related training. Acts as an expert for employees in answering their questions and ensuring best practices are followed.
- Maintains punctual and consistent attendance per company Attendance Policy.
- Actively seeks and shares information with team members to create an open and informed environment that encourages communication.
- Complies with and enforces Amy’s Drive Thru Uniform and Grooming guidelines with all team members, providing coaching as needed.
- May oversee closing and opening shifts and processes.
Front of House Team Leads
- Ensures all cash handling and banking procedures are followed.
- Ensures team members are following Amy’s Drive Thru standards and line builds for beverage preparation.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, well stocked, and inviting dining area, patio, and parking lot.
- Ensure restrooms are clean, stocked, and
Back of House Team Leads
- Ensures accurate orders are prepared within the kitchen.
- Managing food safety which includes: proper handwashing and glove changes, proper food handling to prevent cross contact, sanitation standards, and enforces the daily check list and timely execution of line checks.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Follows processes to ensure all equipment is clean and functions properly.
This position leads work of team members during assigned shifts.
Three to six months related experience and/or training.
Proven ability to lead people, and take ownership of area of responsibility
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Spanish speaking a plus.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions and
Percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Food Handler Card
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.