The principal responsibilities of the Sr. Cost Accountant include preparation and maintenance of product standard cost, budget preparation and reporting to support operational management in a fast-paced multi-plant food processing environment. This position works in the office Tuesday through Thursday.
- Works with financial and operational peers to maintain standard cost accounting system which allocates expenses equitably among the Corporation’s lines of business in a manner consistent with prudent cost containment and profit optimization
- Prepares month-end close activities for manufacturing plant, freight and storage
- Maintains trial balance and perform account reconciliations
- Prepares fixed cost reports, including R&M, and assists department heads in developing budgets, forecast and monthly variance explanations
- Prepares weekly variance report for Labor and Material Usage
- Research manufacturing process orders and PPV variances
- Creates CAPEX projects in ERP system and prepares capital expenditures report vs. plan at the project level
- Other duties as assigned
- Four-year college degree in accounting preferred
- 4 or more years’ experience in plant cost accounting in food manufacturing industry
- Proven ability to meet dynamic financial reporting requirements and maintain high quality, timely financial reports.
- Experience in ERP: SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics, or Ross required; knowledge of general and cost accounting system, strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Financial systems ability to administer an integrated general ledger and financial reporting system.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers.
Salary Range: $90 - $105K
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion, or any other classification protected by law.