What you will own at Wildtype
- Operate and maintain cell culture bioreactors; perform harvest and media preparation operations
- Perform equipment cleaning and sterilization, manual cleaning, clean in place (CIP), steam in place (SIP) and pressure tests (PT)
- Thaw cell banks, expand cell cultures under aseptic conditions, and maintain cultures according to good manufacturing practices (GMP)
- Operate and perform routine maintenance and calibration of process equipment
- Prepare batch production records and standard operating procedures
- Acquire and analyze data independently; record all experimental designs, data, observations, and results in an electronic laboratory notebook
What you bring to the table
- 2+ years of experience in cell culture bioprocess development and process transfer across size scales, in either academic and/or industry settings
- Cell culture experience, preferably in mammalian cells
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, a fast-paced environment, and working on different projects simultaneously
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Ability to relate with people at all levels within an organization, including diverse cultures
- Ability to work overtime and on weekends, as necessary
What we’ll teach you
- How to apply your experience in bioprocess & cell culture to the production of next-generation seafood utilizing cGMP practices
- How to work with a fast-moving, interdisciplinary team working at the leading edge of several fields
- Within 1 month we’ll rely on you to efficiently support & maintain our cell culture bioreactors. You’ll be well on your way to learning Wildtype’s unique process for cell cultivation. You will have defined your professional development goals for the next twelve months.
- Within 3 months you will have mastered basic bioreactor maintenance & operations within Wildtype’s unique environment. You will be independently carrying out routine activities such as harvest operations, thawing cell banks, and expanding cell cultures.
- Within 6 months your skills will have developed to the point where you can independently train a new hire on Wildtype’s entire bioprocess. Your work will be organized effectively to achieve tasks on time at a high level of quality.
- Within 12 months you will be able to articulate how your work directly impacts the company’s milestones. You will routinely take the initiative to research topics independently and volunteer new ideas or approaches. You will have executed your first independently designed experiment with controls and presented your findings at a company-wide research meeting.